ShaleVision

Frack less – produce more

Amros Corporation’s breakthrough ShaleVision™ technology identifies the highest producing zones in shale plays using only open-hole log data, providing operators with optimum locations and trajectories for horizontal wells to maximize profitability and avoid drilling low-productive wells, reducing development cost and environmental impact. It provides also key information to optimize well spacing. When combined with data from surrounding vertical wells, ShaleVision™ identifies the best formations and optimum trajectories for horizontal wells along with estimates of production. 

Amros was selected from nearly 1000 innovative technologies from North America to participate in the prestigious InnoSTARS Competition 2019, hosted by the US China Innovation and Investment Summit (officially supported by both governments). The Business Model is simple. Operators provide new or old open hole log data. Amros ShaleVision™ studies this data and generates locations of the sweet spots and the best trajectories of horizontal wells.

One of the studies shows that in Permian Basin, 80% of the rocks produced 12 times less than the remaining 20%. That means that development of the sweet spots is 12 times more profitable. It means also that ShaleVision™ reduced environmental impact in 12 times.

Pro/con

Generate production profile, that accurately predicts production along the entire well in barrels per day per 100 feet.
Identifies locations of the best formations and zones
Generate production maps for the best formations
Recommended trajectories for horizontal wells with initial production estimates
Provides key information to optimize well spacing.
Requested standard open-hole log data as input

Specification

Areas of Application Shale acquisition | Optimization shale fields development
Capabilities Technology is fully developed | Available now
Implementation time One – two weeks to tune to new field.
Input Standard open-hole log data | Well production history | Any direct measurements like well testing, core or cutting analyses, etc.
Response time One day to process one or few wells.
Return on Investment More than 1,000% rate of return.
Relative business impact
CO2 footprint reduction:
1/10
Cost reduction:
6/10
Production:
2/10
Safety improvement:
1/10
Technology Maturity Level
Development Technology demonstration Mature / Proven

About Amros Corporation

Since 1994 Amros Corporation has been providing innovative geoscience solutions to help operators optimize the development of both conventional and unconventional reservoirs around the world. These have included solutions for direct hydrocarbon identification using seismic data, joint petrophysical and seismic interpretation, formation evaluation for heavy oil and marine littoral shale deposits, and many others where we have extracted maximum value from data to support informed decision making and optimized operations.  

In 2013 Amros Corporation introduced ShaleVision™, our proprietary technology based on decades of research and analysis that identifies the highest producing zones in shale plays, allowing operators to target the best-producing zones and avoid the cost of drilling low productive wells.

Frack Less – Produce More

Want to know which companies use this technology and what they think?
Do you have experience with this technology that you want to share?

Login or create an account with only your email address to continue.

continue