Hot Air Turbines
Low impact power stations fueled with biomass or waste
Revolutionising the decarbonised distributed generation market by supporting smaller-scale, low impact power stations fuelled with biomass or waste to provide power and heat to our homes and places of work.
How it works:
- Fresh air is pressurised
- The pressurised air is heated in a heat exchanger
- Air depressurises and cools first through the “turbocompressor” needed to pressurise the air in the first place
- Air depressurises and cools more in a “Power Turbine” to produce electricity
There are multiple sources to heat the air:
- Waste wood/biomass
- Municipal waste combustion
- Pyrolysis gas from biochar production
- Flare gas (HX not required)
About Bluebox Energy Ltd
At Bluebox, we will work with you to understand your heat and electricity needs and get the best economic solution from available technologies such as Organic Rankine Cycles, Steam solutions, hot air turbines and Absorption chillers.
If heat is not required, we might also suggest a combined cycle approach that uses a hot air turbine top cycle and either steam organic Rankine cycle bottoming cycle to maximise electrical efficiency.
We also provide clients with their engineering development projects from thermodynamic analysis, building test platforms and developing control systems.