Hot Air Turbines
Low impact power stations fueled with biomass or waste
Revolutionising the decarbonised distributed generation market by supporting smaller-scale, low impact power stations fuelled with biomass or waste to provide power and heat to our homes and places of work.
How it works:
- Fresh air is pressurised
- The pressurised air is heated in a heat exchanger
- Air depressurises and cools first through the “turbocompressor” needed to pressurise the air in the first place
- Air depressurises and cools more in a “Power Turbine” to produce electricity
There are multiple sources to heat the air:
- Waste wood/biomass
- Municipal waste combustion
- Pyrolysis gas from biochar production
- Flare gas (HX not required)
Relative Business Impact
Do you have experience with this technology that you want to share?
Login or create an account with only your email address to continue.continue