Joining us means you will be part of a dynamic international team that values collaboration and partnership, and respects diversity and individuality.
We are a fast-growing startup that encourages team members to directly contribute to the growth and success of the company while progressing individually as a professional in the industry.
Aside from joining a collaborative team, you will also become a part of change. At TechnologyCatalogue.com, we are not only addressing challenges in the energy industry, we are also creating opportunities for real changes to happen. And with our role in accelerating Energy Transition with technology and innovation, we are also contributing to the overall sustainability of the planet.
Be part of TechnologyCatalogue.com, be part of change!
Position: Data Manager
Leading and executing the data engineering, data analysis and data science activities for technologycatalogue.com.
Technologycatalogue.com is a platform that supports suppliers and end-users with accelerating the uptake of technology in support of the energy transition, both on the side of production and consumption. The platform was developed based on first-hand experience from the founders that it is often difficult for decision makers to stay up to date on available technology-driven improvement opportunities for their business.
In a sense, this platform works similar to platforms that we’re used to in our consumer life, making finding a technology for a business as easy as finding a restaurant!
Since the launch the number of unique monthly visitors and technologies have been rapidly growing. At present ~15,000 users visit the site on a monthly basis that have access to >500 technologies through our platform, resulting in large datasets to be analysed and used. And this is only a fraction of the potential market that we are rapidly conquering!
We are currently seeking a strategic and enthusiastic full-time data manager to lead, develop and execute our data-centred activities. We are becoming more and more data driven and are automating more of our processes so you’ll get a chance to lead this transition! Our data usage focusses both on internal performance monitoring and decision making as well as improving the user experience and value proposition for users of our platform. So, the job will consist of data engineering, analysis and science, with an emphasis on generating actionable insights to streamline decision making and developing products based on the data we generate.
You will be reporting to Vincent van Beusekom, COO/CTO & Co-founder.
- Data engineering: build and optimise data systems
- Responsible for the full data management
- Building new data pipelines
- Maintain current data pipelines
- Update data warehouse system
- Finding and exploring new data sources
- Responsible for the full data management
- Data analysis: deliver value by analysing data and communicating the insights
- Create actionable insights for everyone in our team, our investors and other stakeholders
- Dig into the data to get an understanding of user behaviour, the effectivity of our marketing efforts and upsell tools and the operation tasks
- Lead data sessions with the team to further increase data-driven decisions
- Data science: use data to solve business problems
- Responsible for designing and maintaining data-driven products for customers
- Developing (prediction) algorithms to enhance platform interaction (e.g. recommendation systems) that can be integrated into the platform
- Develop and employ advanced statistical procedures and/or prediction algorithms to obtain actionable insights e.g. in support of upselling and to reduce churn
What you offer
- Fluent in English
- Advanced degree in data science, statistics, computer science, econometrics, applied mathematics, business analytics or similar
- (Professional) experience with: Python, Tableau, AWS services and SQL
- Experience with data preparation and qualitative & quantitative data analysis
- Interested in, and experience with, (marketplace) platform metrics/KPIs
- Competent in machine learning and (predictive) modelling
- Knowledge of web scraping and data protection standards is a plus
- Ability to translate complex data into layman’s terms such that these can be used to inform business decisions
- Understanding the meaning of data related to business performance
- Intrinsic motivation to accelerate the energy transition
- A curious, pragmatic & assertive teamplayer
At TechnologyCatalogue.com, you have the chance to work on an exciting product, unique in the B2B world.
TechnologyCatalogue.com itself is a start-up, with all the dynamics that come with it. From our office in Delft, we work with a dynamic international team to realise our ambitions. The sky's the limit: based on your energy, passion and ambitions, you can help shape the company.
In your role at TechnologyCatalogue.com, you would be working with a very large number of international companies. The suppliers linked to TechnologyCatalogue.com are typically small to medium-sized enterprises. Users of TechnologyCatalogue.com typically work for large to very large companies. Working with all these different people and companies gives you a unique perspective.
Are you ready for the challenge?!
- Start date around 15-06-2022
- An inspiring work location in Delft, The Netherlands
- A competitive monthly salary
- 4 or 5 days a week, with the opportunity to work from home 2 or 3 days a week
- 25 holidays/year
To apply, please send your updated CV and cover letter to our Co-Founder and CTO/COO Vincent van Beusekom at